We at Girobank are driven by commitment to our customers. The financial stability of our customers is our number one priority. This is why we work continuously on improving our products and services, to offer you the best possible banking solutions.
We are the bank of those who work hard to prosper in life.
We distinguish ourselves by the quality of our products and by our personal touch.
We are an organization with high integrity standards, where everyone is accountable.
We give our employees job satisfaction, continuous training and equip them with the required tools to enable them to exceed the expectations of our customers and our shareholders.
We contribute positively to the communities in which we operate.
To consolidate Girobank N.V. as the financial leader in the Dutch Antilles and Caribbean Region by offering innovative products and services tailored to the needs of our customers and by adding value to our employees, shareholders and the community in which we serve.
Our Values are as follows:
- Integrity: wherever we decide to operate as a bank, we assure ourselves that all our operations with our clients, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders are transparent.
- Excellence: we commit ourselves to excellence in everything we do.
- Customer orientation: our clients are our most important asset. We go the extra mile to guarantee customer satisfaction and we use our financial knowledge to enable them to achieve their financial objectives.
- Accountability: we take responsibility in everything we do.
- Social responsibility: we have a long-term commitment to the community in which we operate.
On March 5, 1996, Girbank’s predecessor “Giro Curacao N.V.” was incorporated in the Netherlands Antilles, after which it commenced its operations on July 1st of that same year. All activities previously undertaken by the “Girodienst Curaçao” (a department of the Island Territory of Curaçao), including certain related assets and liabilities were transferred to Giro Curaçao N.V. at commencement. On December 29, 2000 the official name was amended to Girobank N.V.